Staub's innovative enamel coating takes cast-iron cooking to the next level with improved performance, style and durability. This petite French oven is perfect for cooking grains and other sumptuous sides. The round bottom and textured lid are similar in design to the traditional Japanese cast-iron tool for cooking rice – both circulate and distribute moisture for fluffy, airy and delicious results. The oven is also great for simmering jams, soups and stews.
- 1 1/2-qt. cap.
- Heavy enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Multicoat enameling creates a glossy, vibrantly colored "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramics.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like other cast-iron pieces.
- Specially formulated black matte interior enamel contains traces of quartz, providing additional heat resistance and a rougher surface, which results in better browning.
- Small bumps on interior surface of lid evenly distribute condensation.
- Nickel-plated brass knob.
- Made in France.