The three-line pattern on this trivet is known as the “unity” design and symbolizes the three ethnic groups that divided Rwanda in 1994, but who now work together to heal wounds from the past. Weavers heal through the collective effort of working toward the same purpose and goal: to create beauty with their own hands.
This heat resistant trivet is perfect to set a tea kettle on or hot dish from the oven. With a woven loop attached on the back, they can be hung up as wall decor for a globally inspired feel.
All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size. Made only in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in Rwanda, this one of kind piece takes weeks to complete.
- Approximately 10” D x 0.5” H
- Made in Rwanda
- Product is made from all natural fibers of sisal and sweet grass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the sisal
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Trivet has a hang loop on the back for wall décor
- Safe to use with food